As much of a makeup hoarder, wearer and lover as I am, I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes I just don’t have the time or patience to deal with a full face of product- especially in the warmer months. But even on the most sluggish of days, I like to add the bare minimum to enhance my complexion without going to too much trouble. For those of you who hate a heavy face of makeup, here are my favorite products that will help you achieve a fresh, lightweight and natural look.
I don’t know about you, but the month of April always acts as a sort of re-set button. No longer are we burdened with the need for products that help fight of the Winter chills, nor do we need to shy away from bright and bold colors. While today I am going to be touching upon my favorite lifestyle products from the month of April, rather than beauty products, I feel as if the past month has still acted as a rejuvenating time in my daily routine. If you’re interested in reading about the my April lifestyle loves, just keep on reading.
When it comes to beauty products I, like many others, can get caught up in new releases, trying new products, and pretty much everything new new new. However, sometimes I forget that I’m a hoarder of some pretty great makeup to begin with. Over the past month or two I’ve been making a serious effort to shop my stash and revisit some former favorites. So if you’re interested in seeing the products I have rediscovered recently, just keep on reading…
While many see the Spring season as a time to break out the bold, bright and brazen colors, I see it as the perfect time to rock a classic pink pout. To me, there’s nothing like the subtle yet still eye catching aspects of a pink lip, so today I’m going to be sharing with you my top 5 favorite shades!
From classic barbie pinks, to subtle pink stains, to bold and bright fuchsias I’ve got it all -and if you’re interested then just keep reading…
GUYS. As a self proclaimed foundation hoarder, this is a big statement. But I think I have found my perfect base. *internally screams*
I’ve been hearing about the It Cosmetics CC Cream for years, but for some reason it never really called to me. That being said, it wasn’t until this year I really discovered my love for tinted moisturizers/CC Creams etc. but now that I’ve put it to the test, I just can’t put it down.
For the most part I’ve only heard raves regarding this product, and any complaints that I’ve heard are simply that it’s too dewy for a particular skin type. Now, time to get to the nitty gritty:
Here’s a quick rundown on my ~face~…
- Very Pale (I almost always purchase the fairest foundation shade in a collection)
- Extremely dry in the Winter, but combination in the Summer
- If I ever get oily, it is around my nose
- Hyperpigmentation from previous acne scars
- Occasional pimples, usually on the chin area
Now that you have a general sense of my skin tone/type, let’s get into the claims of this foundation:
- 5 Shades Available
- Provides full, flawless coverage
- It is clinically shown to increase hydration, smooth texture, and enhance brightness
- Never creases or cracks and instantly camouflages skin imperfections including dark spots
- Infused with an advanced anti-aging serum made of hydrolyzed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants that work in harmony to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and pores to create a more radiant, supple, and flawless-looking complexion
- Formulated without Parabens or Phthalates
As per usual, let’s start off with the shade range. With only 5 shades available, I would argue that the shade range is by far the weakest aspect about this product. That being said, I will acknowledge that most BB/CC Creams are only offered in 2-3 shades from other brands. Speaking as somebody who is the fairest shade in 99% of all foundations, I was quite worried that there wouldn’t be a shade that works for me. When I swatched the lightest shade (Fair) it did look darker than what I usually go for. HOWEVER, I don’t know what magical properties this has, but somehow the shade is absolutely spot on for me. Despite the lackluster shade range, It Cosmetics nailed the undertones. Each shade is very much neutral and I can say with confidence that this foundation will not pull orange or pink whatsoever.
Now, moving onto the actual product, let’s discuss initial application.
The It Cosmetics CC+ Cream is a liquid formula that isn’t necessarily runny nor thick. It will stay in place on your hand without dripping, but is very much a liquid consistency. I personally have found that my favorite way to apply this foundation with a sponge. This is my preferred application because I find it works the CC Cream into the skin beautifully and leaves the foundation looking absolutely seamless and natural. When using a brush, you should be weary of potential streaks. With that being said, both application methods work well, and are up to preference.
In terms of coverage, I wouldn’t quite say that this is a “flawless full coverage” option, but more so a solid medium coverage. I don’t necessarily find that to be an issue however, as the product itself builds well. However, as somebody with hyperpigmentation and the odd breakout, I think that a single layer of this CC+ Cream is perfect for making your skin look naturally flawless. Any desired extra coverage, I would recommend spot concealing with a concealer as to preserve the beautiful finish of the foundation.
And speaking of the finish, It Cosmetics claims this CC+ Cream to be a “radiant” finish, which I would concur with. It definitley does have a dewy, tacky finish if not set down, but if powdered there remains a radiant glow and a flawless natural finish.
Overall, I truly cannot say more good things about this foundation. I have quite a large collection of face products that I love to dabble with everyday, so when I repeatedly reach for the same product, that’s saying something. Never have I been so happy with how a foundation sits and wears on my skin, and gives such a natural glow while still providing a fair amount of coverage. If you can find a shade option that works for you, I would 10/10 recommend.
I hope you’ve enjoyed! Don’t forget to let me know your thoughts down below 🙂
Aaaand my obsession with products continues. This month I decided to split my February Favorites into two parts- Beauty (which you can read here) and Lifestyle.
As per usual, I have gathered a slew of some of my favorite things and compiled them onto this list to make your shopping (addiction) a little bit easier! All of these products are tried and tested, and have my ultimate seal of approval. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Anne Klein Gold Tone and Red Leather Watch: This month my watch of choice has been the Anne Klein Gold Tone and Red Leather Watch. This round, simple faced watch is very clean, wearable, and fashionable. With its red leather band, this watch is incredible classy, and not as flamboyant as many other watches that are “in style” at the moment. And while I do love my gold Citizens Quartz Gold watch, I love the simplicity and subtlety of this bad boy.
Uniqlo Military Jacket: I genuinely don’t think I have ever been so in love with a jacket as I am with my Green Uniqlo Military Jacket. This is a perfect option for fall and spring, but is also loose enough to layer up the sweaters and wear during the cooler winter months as well. With it’s two tone color scheme, the jacket is very versatile when it comes to styling, and can be worn in a variety of ways. What I also love is that this particular coat comes with a built in vest that can be taken out and worn separately. Overall, I am SO in love with this jacket and highly recommend everyone check it out.
Champion Dot Lace Keds: When it comes to sneakers, most people think of dirty, clunky white shoes that don’t really look cute on anybody. Well, you can get rid of that mindset because the Champion Dot Lace Keds exist and will prove you wrong. These super cute, super comfortable shoes are perfect for an everyday basis when I am walking to and from class and don’t want to suffer the pain of “cute” shoes, but also don’t want to give up my style. My favorite way to rock these shoes are with a pair of classic skinny jeans, a neutral top, and of course my Uniqlo Military Jacket.
FitBit Charge HR: Because I’m a student and walk at least 4 miles a day going to and from classes, I decided to invest in a FitBit Charge HR. This fitness tracker has a slew of features that will make your life easier but also more active. I personally suffer from severe anxiety and decided to get the HR version so that I could track my heart rate in the hope of being able to calm myself down- and it really has worked! Whenever I start to get stressed, I just look at my heart rate and lower my breathing until I start to see the numbers go down. I also love this for keeping track of my sleep. The FitBit sets a goal of 8 hours of sleep a night, and it’s oddly satisfying and encouraging to wake up and see you’ve reached that goal in the morning. Overall, I love the way that this product helps me keep track of both my physical and mental health, and encourages me to make healthy changes.
Cambridge Satchel Company: I’ve actually had this next product for years, but haven’t got much use out of it until as of late. This Cambridge Satchel Company bag is perfect when I only have one or two classes, and only need to bring my computer with me. Rather than lugging around a backpack, this bag is far more convenient and WAY cuter than my trusty Jansport. I also love that this bag makes my life easy by only having one large pocket and on small front pocket rather than a million zippers and compartments that confuse the crap out of me. Whenever I see this bag, the Joey Tribiani comes out in me and all I can say is “How YOU Doin’?”
Pinterest: VERY random considering this is by no means a new phenomenon and is already incredibly popular, but lately I have been getting back into Pinterest and I realized how much I really love this site. While I doubt I’ll actually buy/make/succeed in the content I am pinning, it really serves as such a great source of inspiration and personal expression. On my account I have boards on everything from my dream house, to makeup inspiration, to how to make homemade soap! Definitely don’t forget to check out my page if you’re looking for something new to follow 😉😏
Dove Nourishing Body Wash: I have found it. My favorite and best smelling body wash of all time. I have always been a big fan of Dove, but the Dove Hibiscus and Almond Moisturizing body wash makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.This wash smells like the epitome of warmth. I truly don’t know how else to explain it. It is incredibly moisturizing as well and doesn’t leave any kind of film or residue on my skin, while still providing a ton of noticeable hydration. If there is one thing you buy from this month’s list, I suggest it be this.
Tocca Nourishing Body Scrub: Another body wash I’ve been liking a whole lot is the Tocca Green Tea and Lemon Body Scrub. Tocca isn’t exactly an affordable brand, but this scrub is really an amazing exfoliant. Rather than feeling scratchy and stiff on the skin, the exfoliants in this product almost feel like sugar and melt away rather than fall off and stick to the skin. After use, this doesn’t only leave you feeling exfoliated and smooth, but also incredibly hydrated. If you’re looking for a new scrub, I definitely suggest checking this out.
The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter: This month I’ve been sursly diggin’ the Body Shop “Honeymania” Body Butter. The Body Shop has some of my favorite body butters of all time since they aren’t overtly fragrant, and don’t leave a film of oil after application. Instead these body butters melt into the skin and leave you feeling silky smooth. The Honey scent is by far my favorite, and leaves a sweet, yet airy and unique scent that actually lasts. Love love love.
Aaaaaaand that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading about my current lifestyle loves, and I hope you have a wonderful day! Don’t forget to let me know what lifestyle products you’ve been loving down below 🙂
If you have ever lived with somebody who leads a lifestyle pretty much completely opposite from your own, this is the list for you. Because of the fact that Silje and I have very different food preferences, we have had to do some work on our #TreatYoSelf weekend dinners. Luckily, Boston is filled to the brim with awesome vegan and (obviously) non vegan options that we have come to love and rely on when we both feel like shelling out some cash on something special. From pizza to pasties to- yes- grilled cheese, we’ve got it all.
Oath Pizza: As native New Yorkers, pizza is something that is close to our hearts. From the warmth to the gooey-ness to the overall comfort of a killer pie, pizza has by far been one of the hardest things for me to give up. Luckily, Boston’s Oath Pizza is one of few companies that actually offer vegan options. Just this past weekend, Silje and I took it upon ourselves to hit up the Fenway branch and give it a go. While it wasn’t anything similar to a classic New York slice, Oath Pizza was satisfying and delicious. Not to mention, it was clearly overall healthier than a standard pizza place, making us feel a tiny bit less guilty about the indulgence.
Cornish Pasty Co: When I think of an Irish pub with Cornish Pasty’s, I (shockingly enough) don’t usually expect there to be anything for me to eat. But not when it comes to the Boston Cornish Co.! With traditional recipes on the menu for all meat lovers, finding out that they had a Vegan Vindaloo option pretty much made my heart swell. Rich, delish and an awesome local find—this is one place you HAVE to check out!
Veggie Galaxy: Ok, ok. The name of this place doesn’t exactly fit the “Carni” portion of Carni-V-egan, but I’d bet my savings that that won’t matter. A vegetarian based diner with the option to make anything vegan, this is probably my all time favorite breakfast place in Boston. AND my chicken loving sister is a fan as well—we even went on her birthday! I’m a lover of French toast, pancakes and waffles and trust me, this place does NOT disappoint. They also have a slew of egg options for anyone not completely willing to take the fully vegan plunge. And did I mention that they have a fully vegan bakery which includes numerous vegan cheesecakes and donuts? If that doesn’t seal the deal I don’t know what will.
Roxy’s Grilled Cheese: Last up is a place that, unlike Veggie Galaxy, doesn’t scream vegan. I mean, when you think of grilled cheese a veggie based diet doesn’t exactly come to mind. HOWEVER, they actually have a fully vegan section on their menu! With everything along the lines of a classic grilled cheese, to a buffalo tofu melt, to the KM with guacamole and caramelized onions, Roxy’s is comfort foods finest.
Over the past month or so I have been testing and trying a slew of new products, and can’t wait to share with you some of my favorites! From nails, to makeup to perfume, I’ve pretty much got all my bases covered. If you’re interested in seeing my current beauty favorites, then just keep on reading…
Sally Hansen Sandstorm: When it comes to nails, it may bore you but I’m a nude girl. There’s just something about a clean neutral that draws me in like no other. One of my staples is Essie’s “Sand Tropez” but I find that Essie polishes tend to get goopy a lot faster than others- especially this color for some reason. So as I was paroozing the aisles of CVS just the other week, Sally Hansen’s “Sand Storm” caught my eye. It’s almost identical to my beloved Sand Tropez, but a lot cheaper. A perfect cool neutral beige, this color screams clean and classy.
Missha BB Cream: As you may have noticed over my recent makeup posts, I have been far more into a lightweight, light coverage base as opposed to my usual full coverage fixation. But with the weather cooling down and my skin getting drier, the ease and comfortability of a BB Cream has been calling out to me. While the IT Cosmetics BB Cream and NYX BB Cream are already some of my favorites, I had the urge to try something new. And boy am I glad I did. After looking through various reviews of Korean makeup, I decided to test out the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. Lightweight and dewy, this option is the perfect color match for me (I am in 13), and is by far one of the most flattering and natural base products I own. Can’t get enought of it!
Stila Convertible Color (Lillium): Like I just mentioned, I have been on a light makeup kick lately, which has me gravitating towards lots of cream products rather than powders. And my current favorite cream makeup is the Stila Convertible Color, which I use as a cream blush. In all honesty, this is the only shade in the collection that I am drawn to, but I can’t get enough of it. It’s perfect for giving you a healthy glow and a natural look to the skin. If you’re interested in trying out cream blushes, this is my current number one pick.
Kevyn Aucoin Medium Cream Contour: Again on the cream product train, we have my current favorite cream contour. If you read my blog on the reg, then you probably know that I think Kevyn Aucoin’s Sculpting Powders are the creme of the crop when it comes to contour. I’ve always shied away from cream contours though, since I find it slightly harder to work with. But on top of a BB Cream, I have been loving stippling this on the perimeter of my face for a healthy wash of color. Not too warm, nor too cool, the Kevyn Aucoin Medium Cream Contour is fab.
Glossier Zip: As you may have picked up on by now, I think it’s safe to say that the Glossier Generation G Lip Tints are my all time favorite lip formula out there. It’s subtle yet eye catching, easy to apply and throw on quickly, and it feels like LITERALLY nothing on the lips. The shade “Like” is my everyday staple, and I love the shade “Jam” for a night out or as a subtle statement look. But lately, I’ve been absolutely loving Glossier’s “Zip”. I love a good red lip, but to be entirely honest, it’s not something I’m entirely confident wearing on an everyday basis. But with this Zip shade, it goes on almost sheer and gives the illusion of a red lip in the most wearable way imaginable. I love rocking this with a clean base and no eye makeup for that effortless Parisian look.
Miss Dior: There are few indulgences that make me happier than treating myself to a new perfume. For reference, a few of my top picks are Burberry Brit, Burberry Brit Sheer, and Tocca Cleopatra. But oh hot damn, I think Miss Dior is the new top dog.
Over the past year or so, I’ve made the transition to a vegan lifestyle. I have been a vegetarian for over 10 years, and found that it was the right time in my life to make the change and start this new chapter in my life. I’ve got a whole lot to say on my reasoning behind it, and where I am coming from in terms of my decision to go vegan, so if anybody is interested in hearing about my vegan story, feel free to let me know and I’ll try my best to fully articulate my thoughts.
Today, however, we’re going to be talking about the brands and products that helped me through the transition and that helped keep me on track. Like I mentioned above, I’ve pretty much been a lifelong vegetarian so my experiences and cravings most likely differ from somebody starting from scratch, but I still thought this post might be helpful as I’ve worked hard to find the most authentic and top notch products. There are plenty of categories in terms of vegan foods, but I thought today I would focus on the categories that people tend to crave most, and that people are dubious about in regards to vegan alternatives. So today the categories I will be covering include: Faux Meats, Vegan Cheese, and Vegan Snack Foods. Obviously, there are a million more topics I could cover, so if anybody wants my opinion on any other form of food let me know and I would be happy to cover it in another post.
With that being said, let’s talk about my favorite vegan alternatives…
Faux Meats: Mock meat can be intimidating for people. I think it’s because it looks so real, smells so real and tastes so real without actually including any animal products. But if something tastes good and helps you steer clear of any non-vegan foods, then I see no problem in eating it. A few of my favorite faux meat brands and products include:
- Tofurky Deli Slices: Great for sandwiches or wraps, these Tofurky Deli Slices are a perfect fridge staple for a quick and satisfying lunch. My personal favorite are the Hickory Smoked Slices. Topped with some vegan mayo, spinach and vegan cheese, this is one of the best ways to satisfy a craving for a hearty sandwich.
- Lightlife Smart Dogs: I can honestly say that I can taste no difference between these Lightlife Smart Dogs and a standard hot dog. With 8 grams of protein and only 50 calories per dog, this option is essential for a BBQ night.
- Gardein 7 Grain Crispy Tenders: GUYS. These are one of the best vegan meat options on the market. Gardein by far has the best fake meat food in terms of consistency and authenticity, and to top it all off they taste freaking amazing. Throw some wedges in the oven and nobody will even know that these aren’t real meat.
- Gardein Chipotle Bean Burger: I’m somebody who can devour a burger in a matter of minutes. But sometimes veggie burgers can be a bit bland- well not these bad boys. Packed with flavor and protein, these burgers are blended so perfectly to achieve the right consistency that you won’t be pulling full pieces of vegetables out of your teeth. With just the right amount of spice, these are some of my favorite burger options on the market.
- Gardein Fishless Filets: While I had never really been a big fish stick fan in general, I can confidently say that these are as authentic to the real deal as it gets. I don’t know how gardein does it, but they manage to get not only flavor, but consistency on point every single time.
- Whole Foods 365 Meatless Burgers: Another delectable burger option out there comes from the Whole Foods store brand, 365. Their “Meatless Burgers” are juicy and jam packed with flavor, and has 13 grams of delicious plant protein. The next time you’re at Whole Foods, I would definitely recommend checking these out.
Vegan Cheese: Cheese for me was by far the hardest thing to give up. Since I was already a vegetarian for so long, the meat issue was no big deal for me, but cutting out cheese was a challenge for sure, especially because, in all honesty, a lot of vegan cheese straight up sucks. But, through lots of trial and error I managed to scrounge up a list of cheeses that I find are the most authentic and truly taste good. Again, in all honesty, most of these aren’t spot on duplicates of their non-vegan counterparts, but they definitely don’t taste bad- it’s just a matter of getting used to the small differences. My top picks for vegan cheeses include:
- Fieldroast Chao Creamery Vegan Slices: Putting it out there right away, in terms of sliced vegan cheeses, these are number one. They melt, they’re creamy and they don’t have that nasty underlying scent that lots of vegan cheeses have. These are my favorite for throwing on a Tofurky sandwich, or to make a grilled cheese. If you can get your hands on them, these are the ones to go to.
- Follow Your Heart Cheese Slices: A close runner up are the Follow Your Heart Cheese Slices. I much prefer the Follow Your Heart slices to their shreds, but all in all these are almost as good as the Chao option. I would say that the only difference is that they aren’t quite there in terms of consistency when cold, but the flavor is great and that’s what matters.
- Parmela Creamery Aged Nut Cheese Mozzarella Shreds: Holy mother of crap. If you’re looking for shredded cheese, these are numero uno, top dog, king of the world. I picked these up with no expectations and was thrilled to find that these are by far the best cheese shreds I’ve ever had. I’ve never tried slices from this brand, but if they’re just as good as the shreds I would be one happy chica.
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese: As a New Yorker, bagels and cream cheese are a staple in my diet, and were probably the hardest thing to “give up” when I went dairy free. Luckily, I had heard that Kite Hill had a cream cheese option pretty spot on, so I decided to give it a go. While it doesn’t taste exactly like cream cheese, and it has a slightly more crumbly consistency, it tastes good. I go back and forth between this and the “Better than Cream Cheese” from Tofutti, but I think in the end, this option wins. That being said, it’s important to note that the Kite Hill option gets moldy really quick, and I can’t usually go through the container before it goes bad.
Snacks: I don’t know about you, but I’m a big snacker and get real hangry real quick. So, when I went vegan, finding alternatives for my favorite snacks was a huge essential and far easier than I thought it would be! Lots of snack foods are accidentally vegan to begin with (i.e. Oreos, Teddy Grahams, Potato Chips etc.) but I wanted to make the extra effort to find new snacks to test and try to keep me on track. So here’s a few products I’ve been loving over the past year:
- VeganRobs Cauliflower Puffs: I found these tasty treats completely by accident, and couldn’t be happier about it. As I was strolling the aisles of my local convenience story, I saw bags of VeganRobs Puff snacks, so I picked up a few. These are basically just a healthy and vegan option of cheese puffs. My favorite options are the Cauliflower White Cheddar Puffs, and the Cauliflower Probiotic Puffs. These are honestly just great for snacking as a side with lunch, or for a night of movies and netflix.
- Endangered Species Chocolate: As a self-professed choco-holic, finding the perfect chocolate bar was an essential for me. The Endangered Species Chocolate Bars give 10% of sales to fund the conservation and preservation of animal habitats and animal welfare. With a ton of tasty flavors (my favorite options being the orange, cranberry and almond, and sea salt and almond) these chocolate bars make me feel a little less guilty about satisfying my late night cravings.
- NuGo Slim Protein Bars: I’ve been getting really into working out and staying fit over the past few months, and I realized that I needed to pay better attention to my protein intake. After doing some research, I found that these NuGo Slim protein bars (vegan options are peanut butter, chocolate mint, and chocolate coconut) had the best protein to calorie count as they have 16 grams of protein per bar with only 180-190 calories- which is pretty stellar for a protein bar. Like any protein bar, I will admit that these are a bit on the dry side but the flavor is delicious. One of my favorite ways to eat these is by cutting them up into little nugget bites and sprinkling them on banana ice cream or mixing it in with my oatmeal. Yum Yum Yum.
- Beanitos Chips: While my go-to chips are Salt and Vinegar, knowing that I was going to be giving up Doritos definitely tugged at the heart strings a big. While the Purple bag of Dorito’s ARE VEGAN, I was missing my traditional nacho chips- that is, until I found these Beanitos Nacho Flavor Chips. Honestly, there’s so little difference between these and standard Dorito’s, I’m not even going to get into it much more than by saying, if you want Dorito’s, get these instead.
- Fruit and Nut Chewy Bar: I don’t know about you, but granola bars are some of my all time favorite snacks. Unfortunately, a lot of granola bars have some kind of milk or eggs in it, so I had to read the labels on all of my favorites and found that these Nature Valley Fruit and Nut Chewy Bars were not only totally safe for me to eat, they were the best granola bars I’ve ever tried. Sweet and crunchy with a mix of nuts and cranberries, I keep 4 of these bars in my backpack at all times if I’m ever struck with a bout of hunger. And if I’m not in the mood for a bar on it’s own, I love crumbling these on top of a smoothie bowl or bowl of oatmeal to add a little more crunch and flavor.
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars: When I’m craving something a little sweeter and cakier than a granola bar, I gravitate towards the Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars. These pretty much taste exactly like the Nutrigrain (non vegan) granola bars and are perfect for on the go. I actually bought a giant box of the Blueberry, Raspberry and Apple Cinnamon flavors from Costco since I go through them like water. Since they’re so sweet and chewy, these are also a great option for a slightly healthier dessert.
I hope this list of some of my favorite vegan food options helped out some of you who have been struggling to find goodies that will keep you on track! While I try to stick to eating whole foods on a day to day basis, sometimes getting some aid from packaged “carnivore approved” snacks is a great way to make the transition.
Like I mentioned above, if there are any other vegan topics you want my opinion on, I would be happy to keep working on more pieces like this.
Have a wonderful day,
I don’t know about you guys, but there is nothing more satisfying to me as a sweet and creamy smoothie in the morning. A quick treat that is packed with micronutrients, a good ol’ green smoothie to start the day is pretty much a guarantee that I am going to start off my morning feeling rejuvenated and revived.
Because most smoothies boast bright pink and purple colors, my vibrant green drink can look a little… shocking, I know. But believe me, this is the sweetest and most delicious concotion I have ever come up with. And with only 4 ingredients, it’s a simple way to start the day.
For a Single Serving, Recipe as Follows:
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Spinach (I prefer frozen to make it even thicker and colder)
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Serving of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean)
And there you have it! A four ingredient recipe for the most delectable smoothie to ever grace your lips.
I hope you enjoy and would love to hear your opinions if you try it out!
Have a great day,
In my day to day life, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a sucker for all things convenient and quick.
Especially when getting ready for work or school early in the mornings, I always gravitate towards makeup that will minimize the amount of spent time, without having to sacrifice a full and put together face of makeup.
One of my favorite time-saving techniques is to use stick foundations in place of traditional liquid. That being said, most Foundation Sticks that are highly rated have about half the amount of normal foundations, and are even more expensive. I feel like I’ve been on a perpetual hunt for an affordable foundation stick that can truly compete with the options sold at Sephora.
Today, I’m going to be sharing with you my thoughts on the $10 NYX Mineral Foundation Stick- so if you’re wondering how it holds up, just keep on reading.
As much as I love a strong highlight for a night out or a special event, I’ll be the first to admit that in reality and on a day to day basis, I’m much more drawn to a lit from within, natural glow. Today I’m going to be sharing with you my favorite wearable highlighter, so if you’re looking for a barely there beam, just keep on reading.
Time to break out the bold and beautiful nail shades! With warmer weather comes hot reads, bright pinks, and so much more…
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a holy grail makeup product that costs next to nothing. While I definitely enjoy the occasional splurge, I’m still a lover of a good steal, so today I thought I would compile a list of a few of my favorite goodies that can be found at the drugstore. With grade A quality and a price tag that won’t leave your paycheck crying, here are some products that have a whole lotta bang for your buck:
With a 25,000 person waiting list, it has been years since I’ve seen such mass excitement for a beauty product. The Ordinary, which is owned by Deciem, is a company that has built its brand around the idea of no frills and getting straight to the point. Basically, The Ordinary markets itself as a company that offers high quality products at an incomparably low price. That combination is achieved by using extremely basic packaging, and putting little money into price—which allows them the opportunity to use high grade ingredients. With it’s recent release of “The Colours” – which includes a Serum Foundation and a High Coverage Foundation—the hype surrounding The Ordinary products has boomed. But is it worth it? That’s the real question. To find out, just keep reading…