Those of us with fair skin to the max have all experienced it. Our desire to compete with the golden goddesses of the world have, no doubt, turned 99.9% of us into oompa loompas at least once in our lives.
Delving into the world of bronzers as a pale princess can be trying at times, and proves to be a constant battle to find that one product that perfectly complements our porcelain skin without turning us into a muddy mess.
Luckily for you, I have time and time again tested out all the bronzers that just don’t work for us– and therefore have narrowed the search down to the select few that do! If you’re looking for a couple bronzers to add t0 your pale skin friendly makeup collection, just keep on reading!
- An absolute staple in my makeup collection when it comes to bronzers suitable for my skin tone has to be the Tarte Park Ave Princess Bronzer. A matte shade that lasts forever, the Park Ave Princess bronzer has a neutral to warm undertone that will liven up your features in an instant. Similar to essentially all Tarte powder products, this is a highly pigmented product and you really only need to tap your brush into it to get the job done. This is probably my favorite bronzer to reach for when I’m going for a Summer glow, seeing as it genuinely can make the fairest of the fair glow like a goddess.
2. Next up is my number one favorite affordable bronzer– the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. This particular product has quickly made a name for itself as one of the best bronzers on the drugstore market- especially for pale skin. With a crazy silky and buttery consistency, the name is apt. What I love the most about this bronzer is it’s undertone. All too often bronzers are either far too warm and turn us orange, or far too cool and make it look like we got clocked in the face. The Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, however, is a perfect neutral. Because of it’s neutrality, this bronzer actually has the ability to multitask, and can easily be used as either a contour shade or as an overall bronzer. An A+ in my book!
3. Another drugstore must-have is the Elf Cosmetics Studio Finish Bronzer in the shade “Golden”. I’m pretty certain this is meant to be a dupe for the infamous NARS “Laguna” Bronzer, but in my opinion the Elf option far exceeds it’s high end counterpart when it comes to working for pale skin. To be honest, this isn’t a particularly pigmented product, but sometimes (when you’re as fair as I am), that’s exactly what you need. This is a beautifully neutral-warm option that does indeed give you a sun-kissed, golden glow.
4. When it comes to liquid or cream bronzers, I generally tend to get nervous. There’s no greater shock of walking into natural sunlight and noticing that you’ve got a big blotch of orange on your face that, no matter how hard you blend, will haunt you for the rest of the day. HOWEVER, the one product that I have no fears about is the Benefit Dew the Hoola Liquid Bronzer. This liquid bronzer is incredibly easy to blend out, and mimics the neutral shade of it’s powder bronzer sister. I actually find that Dew the Hoola is far more compatible with fair skin than light, medium, or dark skin. And the best part? It looks natural af!
5. Last up is the bronzer I think would be most compatible for the fairest of the fair skin tones. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the shade 01 is a cult classic for the pastiest of the pasty. While, for the majority of the world, the Honey Bronzer would be more of a face powder, the undertone and formula of this bronzer is sheer perfection for pale skin. There is about 0% chance of going overboard with this product, and is therefore a bronzer beginners best friend.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite fair-friendly bronzers! If you have any other options you enjoy, please let me know down below as to give me further incentive to go makeup shopping 🙂
Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!