The month of May was an ever busy one, but too busy for makeup lovin’? I think not.
Despite being a month filled with the finishing of school, celebrating the big 2-0, traveling to Europe, and overall exhaustion, I have still (miraculously) managed to compile a list of new products that have been blowing my mind as of late. I warn you now: there’s a whole lot of shimmer and a whole lot of pink. Be warned.
- I figured I would start off this list by sharing with you the nail color I have been rocking on practically an everyday basis. Sally Hansen “Tickled Pink” is the most perfect cool toned, bright baby pink shade imaginable. Richly opaque with one simple swipe, the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polish is one of my favorite formula’s out there, and this color has been my Spring and Summer staple.
2. Sticking with the pink theme, my go-to lip color for the past 4 weeks has been the stunning Too Faced Melted Lipstick in the shade “Melted Peony”. I’m not going to lie- I’m not particularly fond of this formula, but I can set that aside for this beautiful shade. Slightly warmer, I would say this shade (when applied to the lips) is a perfect mix between true pink and slightly coral. This will for sure be a summer staple.
3. While this is by no means new to the beauty world, I have developed an even stronger love for the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper than I could have imagined. Available in 3 shades (Light/Medium, Medium/Dark, and Transparent) this product is a true combination of the Benefit Gimme Brow, and the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Filled with fibers that latch onto your natural hairs, the Brow Stylist Plumper does just what it says- plumps. Without making your brows look too stiff or too colored, the Brow Stylist Plumper has found a new forever home in my top drawer.
4. A newer discovery for me has been the Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Highlighter in the shade “Aura”. A frosty pink, this highlighter has a fabulous formula that isn’t too chalky, too powdery, or lacks pigment. The shade I am mentioning is also completely unique in the beauty world, and I have yet to find a single product that matches it’s unusual qualities. With a pinky/lavender shift, “Aura” will make your face look as glossy as a model in a magazine.
5. As I mentioned above, I have been doing quite a bit of traveling lately and we all know what that leads to: DRY HANDS. There are few things more atrocious in the world than the feeling of flaky and cracked hands, but luckily I have found my savior from such a fate. The Soap and Paper Factory has officially created the most beautiful scent to ever bless a hand cream. The “Gardenia Hand Cream” is a fabulously creamy moisturizer that is filled with the natural scents of white gardenia, coconut, and shea butter. For anybody who suffers from chronically dry hands, I highly recommend checking this out.
6. Last but most certainly not least is a product I mentioned in my Top 5 Perfume Picks but deserves even more love. Shout out to my boyfriend for gifting me with the Tocca Cleopatra Eau de Parfum- a scent I have been lusting after for quite some time. This scent is infused with notes of bitter grapefruit, white jasmine, peach nectar, warm patchouli, golden amber, and rich vanilla musk. In my opinion, what stands out most to me is the perfect combination of bitter grapefruit, white jasmine, and warm patchouli. A perfect combination of sweet yet seductive.
That’s it for my May Beauty Favorite everyone! Thank you so much for reading 🙂
Hope you had a fantastic May, and have an even better June,