- Nars Cruella: In my opinion, one of the best lip formulas at Sephora has to be the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Colors. Incredibly creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply, these lippies will last hours on your lips and will leave a perfect matte finish. One of my all time favorite shades in this line has to be “Cruella”. Reds can often be difficult to wear on a daily basis, but I find that this is by far the most neutral, wearable red on the market. Subtle enough without being boring, and vibrant enough without being over the top, Cruella has it all– formula and color.
2. Sephora Cream Lipstain #01 Always Red: For anybody who regularly keeps up with my posts, you will know that my all time favorite liquid lipstick formula has to be the Sephora Cream Lip Stains. This product feels like you’re wearing absolutely nothing, and won’t dry out your lips either. With a wear time of about 8 hours before any fading becomes apparent, the Cream Lip Stains are a product I would recommend to anybody. On top of the phenomenal formula, this line of lippies includes what I would consider the perfect red. Blue based and bold, #01 Always Red is as true of a red as you can imagine. A bright ruby red, this specific shade is sure to make your smile instantly brighter and whiter.
3. Maybelline Siren in Scarlet: For anybody who’s looking for a fun summer option, my first recommendation would be the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet. The Creamy Matte Lipsticks are by far my favorite formula from the drugstore due to their intense pigment, matte finish, yet creamy formula. Siren in Scarlet is more of a yellow based red that is filled to the brim with warmth. I would say that this shade teeters between being a warm true red, and a orangey red. One thing’s for sure, this would be the perfect shade for a summer party. (This is the shade I am wearing in the side picture)
4. Modelco Stiletto: The Modelco Long Lasting Lipsticks are true to their title. These lipsticks provide a high impact color that stains the lips perfectly to ensure a long lasting color, and a natural fade. This isn’t my all time favorite formula, but the shade is pretty killer. Similar to Nars Cruella, I find the shade to be bold, yet still muted enough to wear on an everyday basis. For anybody looking for a party proof, long wearing red lip, this is sure to be your guy.
5. OFRA Miami Fever: The OFRA and Kathleen Lights Collaboration, Miami Fever, is by far the most unique shade of red I have ever come across. A burnt terracotta shade, Miami Fever lives up to it’s name. I would describe Miami Fever as a rusty red, with an orange undertone. I know that may sound scary, but I find this shade to actually be very wearable and flattering on essentially all skin tones. OFRA is known for having one of the best liquid lipstick formulas and with the utter uniqueness of this shade, this is a product that I think everyone should pick up.
Thank you all so much for reading, I appreciate it so much! Please feel free to leave any questions, comments, or post recommendations down below, and don’t forget to check back every Wednesday and Sunday for new posts 🙂
Have an awesome day,