All too often beauty gurus get us hooked on a trend that breaks our banks. Over the past year or so, the trend that has completely taken over the beauty industry has been highlighting, otherwise known as strobing.
A technique that gives luminosity to the wearer, highlighting has quickly become a step that just about any beauty lover now refuses to skip. But with new products constantly on the market, it can be hard trying to keep up with the glow without dropping all our dough (I’m sorry, that rhyme was just too easy).
Because highlighting can completely transform a makeup look in the best way, I’ve decided to come up with a list of my all time favorite AFFORDABLE highlighters! Lets get glowing…
- As of right now, I’ve been leaning towards a more natural “glow from within” type of highlight. And in achieving this look, NOTHING has beat my Wet n’ Wild “bronzer” (it ain’t a bronzer) in the shade Reserve Your Cabana. This product goes far beyond its $5 price tag what with it’s buttery and blendable formula, and subtle glow. For anybody who has textured skin and is afraid that a strong highlight will only emphasize it, this would be my number one recommendation.
2. My second option comes from the ever affordable “Colourpop”. With a price tag of $8, these Colourpop offers an endless supply of options with 18 different shades at your disposal. With the typical Colourpop formula, this product is somewhat of a mix between a cream and a powder, and is best applied either with fingertips of a densely packed synthetic brush. My personal favorite shade (as pictured above) is Smoke n’ Whistles. A beautiful pearlescent with a hint of pink, this shade will make you visible from space.
3. OK, so my next option isn’t exactly a highlighter but oh hot damn is it a dupe. Kiko Milano, a very affordable brand though it isn’t sold at the drugstore, has a beautiful line of Water Eyeshadows that are so metallic and pearly you’ll want to absolutely cover yourself in them. This shade in particular, #208 Light Gold, is a simply stunning- you guessed it- light gold shade. Beautiful in it’s own right, this shadow in particular is essentially an exact dupe for Laura Geller Gilded Honey, as well as MAC’s Whisper of Guilt. So before blowing your bucks on those two hyped up options, I recommend checking this bad boy out first.
4. Next up is an oldy but a goody. Elf’s Pinktastic Baked Blush was the first highlighter I ever owned and it’s just as good as I remember. Rich in pigment, with an absurdly smooth texture, Elf absolutely knocked it out of the park with this stunner. A cool tone highlight with a perfect hint of pink, this product makes the wearer look absolutely angelic. And at $3, Pinktastic really couldn’t be more perfect.
5. Before anybody goes and tells me that Ofra isn’t an affordable brand, I would just like to preface this by saying that if you use the 30% off”Dupe That” promo code, each highlight I am mentioning is priced at only $10.50. Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, the next (two) products I am going to be mentioning are the Ofra Cosmetics and Dupe That collaborations You Dew You (left) and You Glow Girl (right). These options are absolutely stunning, and highly unique in terms of shade range. You Dew You is a gorgeous peach champagne that would be a perfect option for a summer night out, while You Glow Girl has a strong pink/lilac undertone that would, surprisingly, work on a ton of different skin tones. With a wonderfully high quality formula, these Ofra highlighters will absolutely knock ’em dead.
That’s it for my favorite affordable highlights! As always feel free to leave any questions down below, and don’t forget to tell me what your all time favorite affordable highlighters are as well!
I hope you enjoyed and I hope you have a glowing day 🙂