October is always the month where I discover new makeup, play around with fun colors, and overall have a badass makeup month. And this year is no different! The past 4 weeks, I have discovered a TON of new products that i have been absolutely in love with. So if you are interested in seeing what products I’ve been spending my moola’ on, the just keep on reading…
- First up is something I’m totally shocked about tbh. In my October Birchbox, I received the Stila They’re Huge mascara. I was not at all expecting to like this because of the incredibly thick, hourglass shaped wand. BUT O.M.G. The name of this mascara does not lie my friends. I have genuinely never had a mascara that makes my lashes look so incredibly long and full. I will acknowledge that there tends to be a bit of flaking after about 6 hours, but other than that this mascara is basically perfect.
- It wouldn’t be a fall favorites without a smokin’ hot red lip, would it? This month my go-to red lip has been the ModelCo Ultra Long Lasting Party Proof lipstick in the shade Stiletto. Its a beautiful warm tone red, with insanely vibrant pigmentation. This isn’t going to last as long as a liquid lipstick, but it sure does last a good while. Bright, bold, and long lasting, this this creamy matte lipstick is a must have for fall.
- Next up is a skin care item that has been SAVING MY LIFE. This all natural, moisturizing clay mask treats dry skin and clogged pores absolutely beautifully and causes no irritation on my sensitive skin. A special blend of clay minerals including Kaolin provides for great absorption, clearing the skin from toxins and impurities while significantly improving hydration. Packed with the goodness of certified organic ingredients like Shea butter, Aloe and Jojoba oils, it leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed. The Nature by Camus face mask has been a must have for this cool fall weather.
- Since we’re already talking about skincare, I might as well get this out of the way as well. Because it’s getting pretty chilly in the Northeast lately, exfoliating has been my best friend. The exfoliator I have been loving lately is the Michael Todd Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub. This isn’t too harsh or abrasive, but still does the trick at removing flakey dead skin. It’s perfect for sensitive skin as well due to the gentle exfoliating beads.
5. My 5th favorite of the month has been my foundation routine! And this was actually a bit of an accident. Before I left for school in August, I knew that I would have to get an incredibly pale foundation since fall was coming so quickly. Naturally, the first thing I thought of was Revlon Colorstay. I absolutely love this foundation because I have dry skin and they have a special formula for us flakey folk. That being said, I also should have mentioned that I’m a total idiot and got the version for oily skin instead- and didn’t realize until I was already at school! So I decided to create my own little concoction to fix my idiocy. I went out and got the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation because I heard it gives a beautiful dewy/natural finish. And now I am happy to say that I have found my all time favorite foundation combination. With a dab of the colorstay and a dash of the lasting finish foundation, I have never experienced a better foundation routine for my skin!
6. Does this lip color scream fall or what? I decided to go vampy this month, and have been rocking Colourpop’s LAX Ultra Matte Lip on at least a weekly basis. This deep burgundy brown color is perfect for somebody who wants to delve into the world of dark lips, while still keeping things wearable. I know some people have a few qualms about the feel of these liquid lipsticks, but personally- I can’t get enough!
7. Confession. I have a wee bit of an obsession with Burberry perfumes. It’s pretty bad. But my favorite this month (and basically all of fall) you ask? Burberry London by far. This scent is a perfect combination of feminine, sexy, warm, and musky. With top notes of rose and honeysuckle, and solar notes of sandalwood, musk, and patchouli, this scent reminds me of a warm kitchen, a garden, and crisp fall walk all rolled up into one. Absolutely breathtaking.
That’s it for my October favorites guys! I’m sorry it was a few days late but hey- better late than never, am I right?
I hope you all have a fantastic November and a wonderful day!