“I’ve never seen anyone so white before!”
“How is it even possible to be that pale?”
“It looks like your skin is made out of milk!”
For anyone as pale as I am, I know you can sympathize with those statements that I get on the reg. My entire life I’ve dealt with being as ghostly as it gets. While I actually enjoy and embrace my pale complexion, the one downside to being this fair is finding makeup that works for my skin tone. It’s especially difficult when you’re as obsessed with makeup as me, yet the products that look amazing on the bronzed goddesses of the world just don’t work. So, in today’s post I thought I would put my years of trial and error to use and share with you the perfect products for the pasty.
Just to preface this, I am going to be going in order of how you would apply a FULL face of makeup. Therefore, lets get started with my favorite makeup category of all time…
- Revlon Colorstay: With 20 different shades, Revlon Colorstay is widely known for being a fantastic option for those with fair skin. The lightest shade, Ivory, perfectly suits my milky complexion and doesn’t lean too cool or too warm. Along with being a fabulous shade for pale skin, an added bonus is that there are two formula’s specific for different skin types. One for Normal/Dry and another for Combination/Oily. This is a long wearing, full coverage foundation that will keep your fair skin looking flawless all day.
- L’Oreal True Match: This foundation is probably the most popular, widely known drugstore foundation of all time. And with good reason. With 33 different shades, all categorized into either cool, neutral, or warm, this is an award winning foundation known for having one “true match” for every person. This is one of the only foundations I have ever experienced with which I am not the lightest shade available. I personally am C2 Natural Ivory. However, the fairest shades available are W1 Porcelain, N1 Soft Ivory, and C1 Alabaster. Overall, this is a medium coverage, lightweight, blendable foundation that I would suggest to anybody just getting into makeup. (Also note- the L’Oreal True Match Lumi is a great foundation too but does not suit pale skin nearly as well)
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation: After mentioning a couple affordable drugstore foundations I thought I thought I would throw in my favorite high end foundation of all time. The BB Long Wear Even Finish Foundation comes in 20 different shades, two of which I can pull off- 00 Alabaster, and 0 Porcelain. Porcelain is just about half a shade darker than Alabaster, and leans a bit more on the warm side. Meanwhile, Alabaster tends to suit cooler undertones a bit better. This is a medium to full coverage foundation that is long wearing, hydrating, and leaves a natural look to the skin.
- CoverGirl Smoothers Concealer: This stick concealer gives full coverage and a brightening effect to the face. I personally use this underneath my eye to help cover up my dark circles, and I also use this down the center of my face to do a bit of highlighting. I have mine in the illuminating shade and it is one of the only concealers I have ever found that works as a highlight on my fair skin. LOVE IT.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I’m going to keep this brief because this is one of the most popular concealers in the beauty world today. The shade 15 Fair is a perfect, pale, cool tone concealer for any fair skin. This product works amazingly both under the eyes and on any imperfections. An absolute holy grail that I will always repurchase.
- Elf HD Setting Powder: Though a relatively recent find for me, I have fallen madly in love with this loose, translucent setting powder. It is extremely finely milled and does not oxidize (darken) my foundation or concealer underneath. It is lightweight, undetectable, and perfect for setting your highlighted areas.
- Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder: This is a perfect powder for anybody who wants a tad bit more coverage on their face. I use the shade creamy natural, and it’s a perfect shade for acting as an all over face powder. Incredibly buttery and creamy, this is actually a great option for dry skin, and is one of my favorite pale girl powders of all time.
Ok, here’s where things start to get tricky for the pale…
- Milani Baked Bronzer (Glow): Bronzer is probably the most difficult area for us fair girls. It is incredibly difficult finding a powder that won’t muddy up your face or make you look like an oompa loompa. The Milani Baked Bronzer in the shade Glow is a perfect perfect powder for adding a soft wash of warmth to pale skin. It doesn’t apply too heavily at all, so you don’t run the risk of turning into a cheeto. As it’s name suggests, this products really gives a glow.
- MAC Shaping Powder (Sculpt): ALL TIME FAVORITE CONTOUR POWDER. Like, seriously. It is a perfect shade for mimicking the natural shadows on your face and I cannot recommend enough. It’s blendable and creamy and an ultimate holy grail product for me and my oh so pale face.
- Mally Beauty (Mallys Look): Mally’s Look has an incredibly silky formulation and gives a soft glow to the cheeks. This is a stunning pale pink color, and won’t look overpowering on fair skin. All in all, this is just a perfect, classic pink shade for pale skin.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge (Pale Pink): This multitasking cream for cheeks and lips is a beautifully bright pastel pink. When blended onto the cheeks with a stippling brush, this favorite product of mine gives you that perfect “just pinched” look.
(Are you excited? I’m excited.)
- Colourpop’s Smoke n’ Whistles: This is one of my all time favorite highlights and it’s only 8 bucks!!! Smoke n’ Whistles is a cool tone pink champagne with a hint of silver highlights. If you want a wham bam thank you ma’am highlight, this is your guy.
- The Balm’s Mary Lou Manizer: Probably the most famous highlight of all time, Mary Lou Manizer is that classic champagne, honey color that looks good on all skin tones. This particular product diffuses light so your skin looks softer, younger, and full of glow. A cult classic and a Lieve favorite.
- Becca’s Moonstone: I personally have Becca Moonstone in it’s liquid form, which I actually am quite in love with. This can be used to mix with foundation to give you that “glow from within” or can be applied directly on top of a foundation to give you an intense, wet look to the skin. A beautiful, beautiful product for us fair ladies.
Ok after typing my little fingers off, that is it for my Fair Skin Face guys!!! I hope this helped some of you out in your quest for non orange skin! As always, feel free to ask questions about any products down below.
Hope you’re having a wonderful day,